Thursday, January 26, 2012

Truckin along

Today is a blah day for me again. I had my doctors appointment yesterday and am hoping to see some change in the next few days. The diagnosis is up in the air but I am willing try it. In an effort to avoid a bunch of lab tests (I don't have insurance) he reviewed last years lab results from my physical and decided to give me a B12 shot. I was a little low for my age last year so he wanted to try this and see if it helps in the next few days. Honestly, with the way I am feeling this morning I don't think this will help. He also gave me a prescription for an antidepressant to start taking if I don't feel like the B12 has made an improvement in the next few days. I hate to be one of those people that are medicated but if you have ever experienced depression or dealt with family members with it you know what its like. Its not a choice that I make to feel this way, it is a chemical imbalance and the medication is able to supplement the chemicals that my body is not producing on its own. This is really hard for me to share here but I want to be open and honest about the struggles that I am going through on this lifestyle change.

Its not always going to be pretty, fun and happy moments that make up my journey. Some of them will be hard, painful, tearful and just exhausting. I hope that no one takes offense to my thoughts on this but I know from past experience with my family that this can be a consuming factor in ones life if its not treated. I want to be the woman that God intends for me to be and if this can help me achieve that then I will make the changes necessary.

On another note, the Crockpot Chicken Tacos (408) were delicious!


Place 5 frozen chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot, sprinkle chicken with 1 packet taco seasoning, fill with water just above chicken. Cook on high for about 6 hours and then remove the chicken (120) and place on a plate to shred apart. I used whole wheat tortillas (100x2), 1T FF Sour Cream (20), 1T refried beans (13x3), 1T mozzarella & mixed cheese (29)

One of my favorite snacks this week
Wheat Thins Flatbread Crackers (60)
Laughing Cow Sundried Tomato Wedge (35)
This is what I was tempted with in kids choir tonight. I sustained and said NO!

Jamie

5 comments:

  1. The tacos and the snack look yummy. Thanks for the recipe..and dont beat yourself up too bad about the antidepressant and it's nothing to be ashamed about, It's just like you said, some people need it...and I'm one of those people. After my daddy passed away almost 7 years ago, I would have a lot of down moments and dr's decided to put me on it..I've tried to get off of them but couldn't (I know may sound goofey but when you are used to functioning with them it's hard to do without) so I am still on them but a very low dose, hopefully one day I'll be able to get off and if not, I'm ok with that :)Hope this helps you some

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is your blog and the best place for you to get those feelings out. Hang in there! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have taken lots of B12 and BTotal, as pick me up and also for my fibromyalgia, but it doesn't really help, it does for a while but then it's back to fatigue and depression again. I hope you feel better. I am following you from Rome, Italy but I am actually from Trapani, Sicily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got some help at the dr. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you for the encouragement and prayers this week. I am so thankful for all of my blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete