Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I was like whoa...

I met a friend for lunch today at a local Italian place, but I was prepared. Or so I thought.

I splurged on calories and got the caesar salad but skipped all the yummy bread they serve, that smells like a garlic heaven. Fast forward about an hour and I am back at my desk and not feeling so great. My stomach has now literally swole up and I have what feels like a child's big red ballon in my tummy.

This is where I was like whoa! I mean how can a salad make me so miserable. I then try and call the restaurant to find out the ingredients of the dressing only to be told (and I quote) "Ummm I'm not sure, it's got like eggs and olives and some other stuff in it". I just said ok, thanks. I won't go into what I was thinking about telling the little girl on the phone.

So its now 6 hours later and I still have a child's big red ballon in my tummy. I had a bowl of Fiber One cereal with almond milk for dinner just to put something in my tummy since I didn't have an afternoon snack and was getting hungry.

I am praying that after church I can get to the gym and burn this big red ballon out.

Jamie

5 comments:

  1. It's amazing how lots of carbs will do that:( Hopefully you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get like that sometimes when I have too much fiber. Hope u get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that feeling. Curious if it's from the fiber or just the food in general.

    You're working out after church? Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband seems to think it was the lettuce but I still don't know for sure. I just did 2 miles on the treadmill and 7 miles on the bike!! Hoping after a hot shower I am feeling normal again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jamie, Soo sorry! I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

    Stay focused!

    ReplyDelete