2011 started off just like the last 2 years have and then my light came on. So to sum up the last month let’s do my favorite thing and make a list.
1. God was working on me in several different areas from the get go of this year. I just wasn’t sure what he was saying. I swear he was speaking Spanish, which I am not fluent in.
2. I started a daily devotional with my girls for the first time and have really seen the difference that this has made in all of us.
3. In the past I often found myself looking at other Godly moms (wives) and thinking to myself "She has it together. Why can’t I ever get there?" I was holding on to something that I kept saying I wanted to let go of but I never did and I always felt like this was holding me back from my full potential. So, after years I finally gave it to God. I am sure he felt like he was banging his head against the wall when talking to me but he never gave up on me. Thank you Lord!
4. I made the decision after a lot of arguing and bickering to let God have my life completely. I was saved when I was 12 but I never actually let Him have my life. I wanted to be in control, I wanted to do things my way, I wanted the rewards of eternity with little or no work. WOW! What a difference this has made.
5. In connection to #4, I am no longer a prisoner to food. I eat to supplement what my body needs to function. How many times have you heard an over weight person say "God made me this way"? He certainly did NOT, I made me this way. He made me perfect and I went and screwed it all up. So now he is taking a bad situation and using it for something good, by using me as an example to others.
6. In 14 days I have lost 9 pounds and have been able to maintain 1500 calories a day or less (never before done). A little downer though is that I planned on working out for at least 10 of those 14 days but only worked out 6 times. I am not going to make an excuse for this even though I was just thinking what the best one would be. But, I will keep going on this path that God has put me on.
7. For the first time ever we have an efficient Menu planned and hanging on the fridge for a whole week and the groceries have all been purchased for these meals. I have also already broken up all the snacks for our lunches and for after school. This is a major plus on the time schedule that I have since I have such a long commute every day to and from work.
For February I am going to challenge myself to work out for 800 minutes for the whole month as well as sticking to 1200 calories a day. I will keep a log of it and see how I do. I am tired just thinking about it. But this blog is partly about pushing myself to new limits and because I know that others are going to read it and see how I am doing.
What new goals are you setting this month?
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men (women) of courage; be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13