Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cracked Pots

Have you read Patsy Clairmont's book God Uses Cracked Pots? She's a mess and I love how she puts things so simply but speaks the truth. In this particular chapter she makes the following statement and I think we all need to ask ourselves the same things.

"I wonder which weighs more: my groceries or my guilt? One makes my scale heavy, the other my heart."
"Are you eating because you're hungry...or hurting?"

This is not a question that can be answered without looking in to yourself and seeing the truth about you. It may hurt, be ugly, embarrassing or humiliating but at some point we each have to ask these questions of ourselves, get the answer and make the choice to change it or continue on like we have been. Your spouse, friend or parent can't do this for you but you can. You can always ask God for the support that you will need to overcome your fears in making the changes you need to make.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Phil 4:13

Jamie

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment