Sunday, February 5, 2012

Weekend Review

It's close to 8:45, the kids are tucked in bed and I have some down time so I am going to use it wisely.

We had a great visit with my mom and aunt yesterday. They were able to enjoy lunch with us and then we were able to show them around the adorable little town we call home. The girls were so excited they camped out on the front porch for about 30 minutes waiting on their arrival. I am happy to say that I was able to demonstrate self control and had a small piece of chicken spaghetti, dinner salad and small piece of lemon cake that I made. It was so good!! I am hoping my husband finishes it off so I don't have to be tempted with it for long.

I knew I would be to busy to go to the gym on Friday but I had planned on going Saturday evening. Epic Fail!! I was exhausted from all the excitement and everything so we just rented movies and relaxed. Today was a different story though. After church I went to the gym with the intentions of 30 minutes on weights and 2 miles on the treadmill. That first mile I wasn't sure I was gonna make it all the way through but I did and I went on to do another 4. Yes, that would be 5 miles (wogging) and it felt great! I had a light eating day today but it wasn't really on purpose. Praying for a nice surprise on tomorrows weigh in.

On that note, I have a dilemma to figure out. Our scale is WAY old and I want a new one but that has to wait until my 20lbs lost. The problem is that the scale at the gym has always been about 9 lbs more than at home. I decided to weigh at the gym today and it was 5lbs less than what it was on that same scale last week. I weighed at home this morning and it was way different than that. This is very frustrating for me and I am thinking that when I get a new scale its gonna be way different than what I am currently basing my numbers off of.

Any advise on how to change over scales easily?

Jamie

5 comments:

  1. my advice (not exactly what you asked for) is to pick a different 20 lb goal and get the new scale now. then only weigh on it...don't weigh at the gym. Or only weigh at the gym and throw your scale away. :)

    Good job this weekend! Hope the scale is nice to ya;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no matter what your new scale will probably be different than both home and gym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a digital scale and love it! I agree..stick with weighing on only one scale:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago..I weighed at home, then at the gym and it was a couple of pounds different..but I decided to just start weighing at the gym bc my home one is probably off bc my little one plays with the buttons...But I do agree with Keelie, you should get it now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree, get a new one now and make your new 20 lb reward a massage or something else decadent.

    ReplyDelete