Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

I saw this post the other day about these wonderful little muffins and decided to give them a try with my own twist of course.

They were super easy and AMAZING!! I had to force myself out of the kitchen before I did something I would regret. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

16oz lean ground turkey (I used 85/15)
.75 large red & green bell pepper, diced
.25 yellow onion, diced
1 tbsp liquid smoke
3 tbsp Sweet Baby Ray's original BBQ Sauce (use this brand)
3 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp basil

I forgot to add an egg but the recipe did call for it and mine fell apart so this may have been the reason. If you add the egg be sure and add in the calories.

Mix all of the ingredients together and add to a sprayed muffin pan. I filled the cup to the top and mashed them down and I was able to get 12 muffins with this batch. Bake on 375 for 35 minutes.

Per Serving (1 meatloaf muffin): 100 calories, 5g carb, 6g fat, 7g protein, 115mg sodium


6 comments: