Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Words hurt

Why are people so mean & hurtful? I have heard several of my cyber friends complaining about the rude comments and just complete lack of respect that they have gotten from other readers. Some of them have even taken down their blogs or facebook pages because of it. I mean really, if you you cant say anything nice then don't say anything at all. Isn't that what your momma told you as a little kid?!

If you don't like what you are reading on someones personal blog then why are still reading it or following them? If I come across something that I am uncomfortable with or don't think is right I generally will remove them from my network. Isn't this the better way & more mature way to handle something? I use this blog and my facebook page as a way to give and receive encouragement not hurtful words.

I know all of my friends don't want to know about my journey but there are people out there that do and that I may be able to help. So I will continue to do what I am doing and not let those people that want to tear others down to their level effect me. I will continue to be honest with those that I encourage and give them advice and wisdom on the things that I have and continue to struggle with. Every day is a new day and I learn something about this journey that I didn't know the day before.

I hope you will not let others discourage you from being what God has intended you to be.

Have you had any experiences like this? How did you handle them?

Jamie

3 comments:

  1. Tx Jamie:) I miss my blog, but not the negativity people were contributing in messages. I look at it like this I have come so far on my journey, I do not need my blog to finish it....I have God and he's right here cheering me on:)
    Your friend in Christ,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too bad that your friends have had to shut things down due to rude comments. Like you said, if I read something I don't agree with/care for I quit following or reading.

    I have comment moderation on my weight loss blog, so I can choose whose comments to allow and whose to not. I've not had any rude ones. If the rude comments became too harsh I would probably see if blocking a reader was a possibility or start another blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you - if you don't like someone's blog, no one is forcing you to read it. I saw a comment like that one time, about how someone's blog posts had gone from something they liked to read to stuff they didn't - and that person felt like telling the blog host. Hello? Go buy a book or a magazine. I write for me and people who want to read it. If someone doesn't like it, click on the 'X' at the top. :)

    ReplyDelete