Friday, April 27, 2012

Its gonna be hard, but worth it!

I am the kind of person that will stick with something for as long as it is working for me. While I have been counting calories and loosing since January I feel like it is time for me to change up my routine and get out of my box. The program that I am about to commit to is a 12 week trainer that is designed to increase muscle while shedding body fat. What does this mean for my workouts? Weights, weights and more weights with limited to no cardio for 12 weeks. This program will ultimately help me reduce my body fat and replace it with healthy muscles. I know you may be picturing a big bulky woman in your head but that is not where I am looking to go with my fitness. I want to be a healthy, toned and strong woman and this is just the next stone in my path.

This program requires dedication & discipline. There are people that do it and only give 75% or 85% and see some results. The approach I am taking is that if I am going to train hard and give myself to the program for 12 weeks then I want to see the maximum results and you can only get that from giving it 110%! I am not saying I will be able to finish this program because it does get really hard but I am surely going to give it my best!

Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer

May 1, 2012 will be my start day and that will take me through July 31, 2012. Which happens to be the day that I will be picking my girls up from a month long visit with their dad. I wonder how shocked they will be to see me after I complete the program?!? They already think that I am doing an amazing job and just last night I got a high five for my 29lbs so far. This just gives me even more motivation than I had before.

I am still working on finalizing my workouts and menu but if you are interested in joining me I would be more than happy to share my plans with any of you. I think the hardest part of any plan is the preparation and planning. Essentially I would be giving you the tools you just have to use them. The second hardest part of the journey is accountability so I have joined a facebook group that is full of others who have completed it or are on the trainer now. I am also planning on keeping a daily journal through out the trainer so that we can all look back at it and use my experiences for reference later on. I haven't quite decided if I will blog daily or create a new tab for the trainer so I am playing around with it for now.

Here is the menu that I will be starting this program with if you are interested.

Phase 1 Menu Plan
Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Meal 1 Veggie Egg Wrap Spinach Omlette Egg scramble
5ew, mix veggies & 5ew, spinach & 5ew, mix veggies &
8:30 2 corn tortillas or 3/4c kashi cereal 3/4c brown rice or 
1 pita bread 1serve whole oatmeal
Meal 2 2 mini meatloafs 3 oz lean meat & 1 protein shake
veggies 3 rice cakes veggies
10:30 veggies


Meal 3 6oz lean meat 6 oz lean meat 6 oz lean meat
1c ww pasta 1 lc ww tortilla 4-6oz sweet potato
12:30 veggies veggies veggies


Meal 4 4 oz lean meat & 4 oz lean meat & Protein bar 4 squares
2/3 c brown rice protein bar 2 squares veggies
2:30-3:30 veggies veggies


Meal 5 6 oz lean meat &  6 oz lean meat 6 oz lean meat
3/4 c brown rice 1 c ww pasta 1 lc ww tortilla
5:30-6:30 veggies & salad veggies & salad veggies & salad


Meal 6 5-6ew frozen treats 5-6ew frozen treats 5-6ew frozen treats
veggies veggies veggies
Bed Time




















4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan... Keep us updated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny you post this! I just started lifting weights and I hope to see a big help. I didn't realize you can LOSE weight, which is a lot muscle. And weigh less, but have a higher body fat %. amazing! Hope you will sill be on MFP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I am really excited to see the changes from this new plan. I am still on MFP! I am obsessed with it and I don't want to ruin my days logged in track record! HAHAHA

      Delete