Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Patience is a virtue from God

Ok, so I had my physical scheduled for 9:00 am this morning. My boss, Jerry, was completely aware of this, yet he still calls me at 10:00 am while I am sitting on an exam table waiting on my doctor to come in. If you know my work situation at all then you know this was not out of character for him. I had to fast after midnight last night to do my blood work, so when I got out of there at 11:30 and headed straight for the office I was starving. By the time I got there I wasn’t all that hungry after all. Ok, well actually I was still starving but I was thrown to the wolves so to speak with Jerry.

The point of that little ray of sunshine knowledge is that on my way to work I prayed that God would give me patience and deliver me from being super hungry until I could eat. Any person with the 5 meal a day motto knows its just cruel to have to go 12 hours. Well I went 13 hours and guess what, I was fine and then when I did eat, I actually ate and not inhaled my food. Oh yeah and I still have a job and Jerry didn’t yell today.

"Being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully" Colossians 1:11

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment