Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Loosing the Luggage with the Pounds

In the last few days I have thought a lot about how much luggage we all travel with daily. I am not talking actual luggage but I am talking about the emotional and spiritual luggage we all have. Do you eat when you are stressed, bored, lonely or have anxiety? Most people do, which is why so many of us are overweight. We are always trying to take care of things our self, when we could have given it directly God and let him worry about it and fix it. Just think, if you never experienced any of the "luggage" that made you eat on impulse how many "pounds" lighter would your body and your heart be?

There are days that seem almost impossible to get through and all I can think about is making it to bed when it’s all over. This isn’t how God wants me to spend my days, is it? Well of course not! God wants me to have a joyful heart and be with him. Well I guess it’s safe to say that on these impossible days I wasn’t with Him. I’m sure that the day started out somewhat lumpy and just got rockier as it went. Being the selfish person I am didn’t bother to really just stop, breathe, focus and realize that I just needed to turn to God. I would bet that a lot of it was Satan trying to get to me. I am reminded of Job as I write this. I am not even close to what Job was but it reminds me that no matter what Satan or this world takes or gives me I have to always be faithful to God. He wants me to come to him with the "big" things and the "little" things. Because if it’s important to me, then it is just as important to my Father.

I challenge you to take the time to make a list of the "luggage" that you carry around with you daily and give it over to God. It is not always fun to look at our self and make an assessment of things but sometimes it is the best way to free yourself.

"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment