Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Another day

My family and I had a great Christmas this year and I am so thankful for that. We were able to enjoy one another with out any major drama and only a little bit of competitiveness around the game tables. My kids were able to help pick out gifts for less fortunate kids in our church and see the excitement on their face when we delivered them. We were able to give a thoughtful gift to an elderly neighbor and see the tears of joy and thanks she had for such a small thing. My girls were able to help make gifts this year for family and friends and really enjoyed seeing how much the gifts were liked. My youngest daughter was able to share thoughtful spiritual moments with my oldest who is really starting to question salvation. My prayer for this next year would be that we are all able to share moments with her and she would be able to accept the ultimate gift by next Christmas.

This is some of the good that happened over the last few days, the bad is I was weak. I was like an uncontrollable toddler. Ok, so it wasn't that bad but I didn't have the self control that I wanted. I started out good by just watching my portions at each meal. Then I went out shopping yesterday and completely fell off the wagon. I had fast food for breakfast and lunch then a Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte, that was amazing by the way. The down side to all of this is that I feel horrible today. My stomach is hurting and I have a migraine. My body had already made the transition from bad, greasy, starchy foods to good, healthy meals and now it is freaking out.

Today is another day and I will ask God to give me the strength and desires to be healthy once again. Feeling yucky is one of the hardest times for me to be my best. I alone am not a strong person but I know that God can give me the strength to be strong.

Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment